Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition: Is it worth it?






What's going on fellow gamers?! Have you been enjoying Killzone 3? I'm sure a lot of you have, particularly the standard version. There are a few of us (myself included) that got the Helghast Edition and may be wondering if it was money well spent. Well, I speak for myself when I say that gaming is very expensive. For most games that get released you can expect to pay at least $60. Paying more than double that for a special edition may be asking for too much; I mean aren't we still in a recession?! Alas; there are some hardcore gamers out there (myself included) that can justify the said purchase as long as it is not a total piece of crap. For the little gamer fan inside it was worth it. Yet still I would recommend anyone to choose sparingly because it seems as if every publisher is on the special edition bandwagon. I mean sure they try to spruce it up by renaming it or not just calling it a special edition. inFAMOUS 2 has the "Hero" Edition, wow. Set to cost around $100. Duke Nukem Forever has the "Balls of Steel" Edition for a $100, I love it! Might actually get that one for the name alone... seriously, just do your homework people. No need to spend the extra cash if all you really care about is playing the game, special editions are really geared towards collectors. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment